Ginger Beef Noodles
This dish is perfect for fall weather, bringing tons of fun flavours and heat to your plate. This is high in carbs due to the noodles, this dish is perfect the night before a long run or hike or if you have a high training load in general.
Few things to note:
- make sure to use fresh ginger. Buy the ginger root, peel it and grate it into the pan. This will bring out a much better flavour than if you get pre packaged ginger.
- You can make this dish in 10 minutes if you use more than one pan. Keeping you kitchen organized is always good and can make dishes like this super easy to make.
- Make sure your beef strips are pretty thin.
- You can add sea salt and black pepper to the beef and veggies when they are cooking for a little more flavour
- 600g beef, cut into strips
- 400 gram bok choy
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 green onions
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 400g chow mein noodles
- 6 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- tsp corn starch
- 60g ginger
Make it happen
1. In a large pan, cook the beef. I like to use butter in the pan and cook at a pretty high heat, you want to make sure the butter doesn't burn though.
2. In a pot, make some water boil and throw the noodles in there for a 3-4 minutes. Once they're done, drain them.
3. Cut the onions thinly, cut the bok choy into small pieces, mince the onion and grate the ginger. Throw all of that in a pan. If you have a second pan that's perfect, if not, just wait till the beef is done and put it in the same pan.
4. Make the sauce: combine the hoisin sauce, soy sauce and corn starch with 1/4 water and stir.
5. Once the veggies are cooked (leave them in the pan for 4-5 minutes on medium heat), add the beef, noodles and sauce in the pan. Stir on medium heat for 2 minutes ish.
And voila! The dish will already feel a little spicy because of the ginger but you can always add more hot sauce to your mix.
Enjoy the gains,