Chocolate Coconut Protein Balls
These treats will keep you in a good mood all day long. Super easy to make, easy to store and even easier to carry around, they are life saving when you are having a hectic day.
They have a mix of fast and slow carbs which will give you a quick energy boost and avoid any crashes in the following hours. They also have healthy fats from peanut butter and cocount which will ease your hunger. Finally, they have a good source of protein, making them not only delicious but also nutritionally balanced.
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup peanut or almond butter
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 2 scoops of you favourite protein powder
- 1./4 cup flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pour all the ingredients in a bowl and mix
- Use the almond milk to reach the desired consistency. The past should be fairly solid, it shouldn't be able to move in the bowl when you tilt it side ways
- Put the past in a tupperware and leave it in the freezer for a few hours. After a few hours you can take it out, the past will have hardened and you can now break off small pieces and make little balls. The paste is pretty sticky so use some parchment paper to make it easy when taking it out of the tupperware.
That's it! It's that easy. The protein balls stay a long time in the fridge, but I recommend eating all of them before the week is gone. This way you can do a big batch of them, it will take you no longer than 5 minutes to make the past, you just have to mix the ingredients together. Then you put the batch in the freezer, take them out later and make a bunch of balls you can eat throughout the week.
Enjoy the treat!